Dear Someone,
I am partial to the lunch date. I like that a lunch date typically has the implication of being casual. Not to mention most lunch dates I find myself going on are with dear friends. So really the lunch date facilitates the reunion of old friends while providing a neutral location to converse.
The lunch date ended with grace and poise as most lunch dates do. I was satisfied with our conversation. Mr. Lunch date always makes me laugh. As I was leaving the car I meticulously placed my foot to evade the snow that could potentially ruin my silver ballet flats. To my chagrin I stepped in an icy patch, only to find myself not so gracefully fall on the sidewalk. Landing precisely on my bad knee. You may laugh but I do in fact have a bad knee. In all actuality I probably need a brace of some sort. I looked up at the car and Mr. Lunch Date was applauding my elegant fall. Mr. Lunch Date unfortunately witnessed the whole event. We both laughed as I quickly hobbled on to my good leg. Life again proves to be embarrassing.
Good thing it was a lunch date. For if it was an evening date I could have been wearing a sassy cocktail dress. I am of the opinion that if one is to gracefully fall or for that matter not so gracefully fall on a date it would be best received in the company of a lunch date. Perhaps I should now attend to that swollen knee of mine.
Yours truly,
Miss Fin
No comments:
Post a Comment