Thursday, February 3, 2011

Back

Dear Someone, 

I am in the process of getting back to school, back to work, and most importantly back into a routine. I have decided that it would be detrimental to the state of my happiness to go back to a sorority. Why would I engage in something that makes me completely, and utterly miserable? Perhaps I could change my attitude about the situation. Then again I have already made my decision. All that is left to do is to respect the choice that has already been made. 
I am enjoying being back to school. I am lucky to have some friends in my classes, and the opportunity to make new friends. All I do is math. I haven’t quite figured out how to balance my schedule. Last semester was rich in literature, and writing. I haven’t gone this long without reading in over a year.  Now I find most of my time is consumed by solving an absurd amount tedious equations. At least it’s done in good company. My classes are going well. I am particularly found of my swing class. Stubbornness is not a newly acquired trait of mine. As a child I refused to dance. I can only remember going to a class once. My tears won the battle, and I never went back. At various school dances as the music slowed down I would race for the doors to evade my date. I will admit it was terribly impolite. Dancing simply was not my thing and I was not going to participate. About a year ago I decided that I wanted to learn how to dance. It was in all actuality quite a break through. One excellent blind date, and all of my dancing preconceptions were dissolved. It is now something that I love to do.
 Back to work. I love working, and typically I love my job. I love the people I get to interact with, and the friendships that nannying has cultivated. I get to work with outstanding children. I am trying to avoid going back to my normal tendencies. Working over 40 hours a week is not necessary or advised. Twice a week seems to suit me quite well. 
Being back has meant consciously deciding what I want to be back in my life. It comes down to filling my time doing the things that I love, and sometimes filling it with the things that are necessary… like math. I need to spend more time doing the things that bring joy in to my life, and eliminating the things that don’t. Ultimately it’s good to be back.

Yours truly,

Miss Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment