Saturday, October 9, 2010

Postcards from Paris

Dear Someone,

        I am been undoubtedly slow to write you. Rather than exhaust the details of the rest of my trip... I thought I would send you some postcards. Enjoy!!

       Day 3.)  27, 894 steps later Miss Fin has visited~ Notre Dame, Sainte-Chapelle,  Musee d'Orsay, Musee de l'Orangerie, Louvre, jardin des Tuileries,  Centre George Pomidou, Palace de la  Bastile, Avenue des Champs-Elysees and lastly the Arch de Triomphe. Needless to say I was very tired.

Notre Dame

At the Top!

The Louve

Arc de Triomphe

         Day 4.) Paris goes on strike. As mentioned earlier day 3 was a frenzied attempt to accomplish all of our field studies. For Humanities we were required to visit various locations. Day 4 we intended to finish what we were unable to accomplish the previous day. Little did we know… the French love their strikes. Not only did they close most lines in the Metro, but they also close Museums. In other words I was unable to finish my assignment.  Being completely fed up with the situation I came to the resolve to disregard  the impossible checklist. Instead we went to the Sacre-Couer Basilica. It was refreshing to have time to lounge around the square. We had time to enjoy the ambiance, time to listen as a harp's elegant melody waft about us.  I loved abandoning the schedule. On our way home we had every intention to stopping to enjoy one more baguette. As we emerged from the metro stop we found ourselves in the heart of the Strike. What a laugh.

Strike!

Need I say more?

Kindest Face on the Metro

I bid Paris au revoir, macaroon in hand
            Four Pastry's and a macaroon later we left Paris. I have no intention to sound ungrateful. I loved my adventures in Paris.  If things always went as planned, my letters to you would be average, and dull. Paris truly was a delight. I loved the Musee de l'Orangerie. This building houses Monet's water lilies, and weeping willows.  My soul was filled with peace as I reflected upon the tranquil scenes. I look forward to returning to Paris someday. Next time I'll remember to bring a smaller check list.

Cheers!

Miss Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment