Dear Someone,
Oh the stories I have to tell you! Today something wonderful happened. I was able to see this sweet young girls desire to join the Church. I was sitting on my pew writing in my journal when the missionaries asked Nikki and me to help them with something quickly. We walked with them to bring a girl to church. As we walked to the bus stop I was wondering why they needed me to come with them. Then I saw the little girl. Her name is Mousey, this young girl is 9 years old. Her family is inactive, but she is looking to be baptized. It was her second time going to church. It was refreshing to have a little one on the pew with me. It reminded me of home. Nothing made church quite as enjoyable, or entertaining than when I had the opportunity to sit in the pew behind, or next to the children I nanny. Many intricate dot games have been played and concurred.
As I sat next to Mousey I had this overwhelming desire to teach her everything that I know. She wrote me a small note asking why the Chapel was so quiet during Sacrament meeting. We proceeded to write back and forth. I encouraged her to write the Missionary a note (who was sitting on the other side of her) If she had anymore questions. Considering that he is more qualified to answer than myself. Once I wrote that to her. She quickly scribbled a note to the Elder. “r u going to baptis me?” I was charmed by the sweetness of this dear child. Watching, and conversing with the young lady brought a new indescribable joy into my life. It’s the first time I could actually picture myself becoming Sister Fin. Perhaps Mr. A. Fin was correct in telling me to keep my mind open to the possibility of serving a mission. Only time will tell. I think it’s safe to say that I have a new friend to sit with at church. I’m looking forward receiving the correspondence of her baptismal date. She doesn't have any Church clothes... I may have to remedy that.
| Elder Brook, Nikki, Mousy, Miss Fin, Elder Rantsh |
The commute to church may be rather inconvenient, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my ward. It is a humbling experience to come to the realization that the peace that the gospel brings at home can be found all around the world. In all actuality we have more similarities than differences. The members of the Mitcham ward truly are an extension of my family. It is a privilege and an honor to serve among them. Life really is wonderful.
Cheers!
Miss Fin
that is such a sweet experience, Anne! Will you let me help you get her some church clothes? I'd love to send her some...if you can think of how I'd get them to her...Or a gift card or something, maybe?
ReplyDelete