Thursday, September 2, 2010

Advice

Dear Someone, 

       After breakfast this morning I was laying on my bottom bunk reading all the various pieces of advice left from girls previous. The wooden slats are plastered with words. My favorite piece of advice is "You're here, so be here." Too often in life we want what we don't have. There is something to be said for being grateful.

       I am so grateful for this opportunity to study abroad. It has been a journey to get here, and what an adventure it has already been. It is important to view life has a journey, rather than a destination.  Oh the lessons I have to learn, humility,  and patients among other things. Sharing a dorm with 14 girls is rather different than sleeping with sonnet (my cat) on my bed. Our room reminds me of the nursery from Peter Pan. We have a wonderful window that overlooks the street. Similar to Mrs. Darling our window must always remain open.  Yet I don't think BYU would approve of mysterious boys flying in through our window...  so we keep it cracked.  London truly is a magical city.


    Today I had my first day of class. I am confident that it will be wonderful 4 months. There is such a good feeling here at the center.  The professors are invested in our success. It is very evident that they love what they do. There passion for London is infectious. I don't know how I will ever come home! My humanities class seems  like it will be most challenging class. I have one more class tomorrow.  I am thrilled to gain a  plethora of knowledge this semester. Tomorrow I need to spend a majority of the day in the National Gallery in Trafalgar square analyzing paintings.  After which I get to go to the YSA dance.

     
 Well hello from London! I hope all is well.

Cheers,

Miss Fin
   
 

2 comments:

  1. You are wise beyond your years, dear sister! I'm glad you are there safe and sound...let the fun begin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, I love your blog. It was so fun to get your message on my phone and then get to read your words and see your pictures. Love you much, Dad

    ReplyDelete