Dear Someone,
What a beautiful day in London town. We’ve been fortunate enough to only have one grey day. The ocean of Umbrellas was a bit overwhelming, and brilliant. The Pope is in town so the streets have been congested. We leave for Paris on Monday! One essay down and two to go before we leave for the coach. Homework is bit of an obstacle. I would much rather be out and exploring than writing an essay about Erasmus, and Luther’s argument on free will. Homework was always apart of the package. So in all reality I shouldn’t complain.
I don’t like knowing that my family is together without me… It’s a Finlinson disorder. Not one Fin child likes to not be apart of what is going on. It’s not very ideal to be sad at the centre. For a moment take into consideration the proximity in which we live with each other. One girl starts crying… and everyone knows. I find my thoughts wandering to what’s going on at home as I lay in my bed. My covers are my only barrier from the rest of the world. To remedy my thoughts of home I played Santa Clause at Camden market this morning. I love the market. Oh what fun trifles I will have to bring home. :)
Initially I was terrified to make friends here. Being under the weather emotionally surely was in relation to feeling extremely lonely. It was much easier to be shy, then to jump into what seemed to be established groups. I have felt trapped in my thoughts with no one to really vocalize how I have been feeling about things. For ages I’ve been fortunate enough to have some patient lad listening on the other end. As I rambled on about who knows what. It’s been good to take the time to sit and listen. It’s been humbling for me to sit back, and to not always have to be the leader here. Going with the flow is relaxing.
Each day I have made the effort to meet a new girl. It’s wonderful! I’ve needed to be less egocentric. Shocking. I’m not the only one who misses home, and worries about boys who are far away. The more willing we are to break down our masks of who we wish we were, and are able to accept what have we will find true happiness. It is easy to find that common thread that that binds us all together. We stay up for hours just talking about life. I love these dear women whom I associate with. Everyone has a story, and everyone wants someone to listen. Not a day goes by in which I am not astonished at what various trials people have had, or are going through. Everyone has something to give, and from that we can all learn. So really life is lovely.
I am writing you from McDonalds (home of the broader broad band.) So that I can upload some photos! I hope you enjoy them! I promise all is well here. I have things to learn, and that learning and growth is not necessarily always embraced with grace, and poise. I best be off to write those lovely two essays. Enjoy your day!
Cheers,
Miss Fin
We all thought about you and missed you today! But I am SO glad that you are off having a great adventure. You're in the right place!
ReplyDeleteI echo what my wife said. We did miss you, but we're so happy that you're having this experience... even with the homework.
ReplyDeleteThanks Fam! I really do love it here. What an adventure it is. I'm glad to hear that I was missed. I love you!
ReplyDelete