Dear Someone,
It is very upsetting to me to hear the horror stories of the London 20. By week 17 the last group relied on elastic waste bands to ease the blow. The London twenty comes on steadily through out ones stay in the center. How this happens I am unsure. I go up 60 stairs to get to my dormitory, and an other flight to use the loo. So... I blame the Nutella. We go through a jar this large everyday. Girls eat it by the spoonful. Each day we are provided two meals. A cold breakfast consisting of cereals and yogurt. All of which have unknown nutritional information. Each night we at 5:20 sharp we have a sit down family dinner. Mice have been a bit of a problem so all of our snacks have to be in tupperware containers nestled within servery's cupboards. We are only allowed to eat in the servery. To compensate for no lunch the facility directors always have nutella, and peanut butter along with a variety of jams out on the counter. The coveted snack of bread with nutella is eaten all hours of the day. Girls will sneak into the servey to insure the nutella is still in stock. Good thing I love peanut butter. I can evade the problem completely. The nutella is sickly sweet here. I didn't find myself craving it until everyone was earnestly seeking out to have some. I had my fix on a piece of toast this morning. :)
We have a problem called whaling. Well I am fairly positive it's called whaling.. or something to that effect. It is a Finlinson defect. I would consider myself accustomed to the behaviors associated with whaling. I suppose you could call it hording.. but I prefer whaling. Any who you are probably more familiar with this situation than you would think. A prime example of whaling occurs each spring. Mother comes home with a large box filled with girl scout cookies. Being a wise woman she attempts to hide the cookies. (generally in the outside freezer) In return each Fin child will seek out, find, and eat the girl scout cookies. Not to mention as many as they can in fear that they may not get an other delicious thin mint. (London has a variation on the thin mint.. that I am sure you will just adore! It's less waxy) During girl scout cookie season it is not unusual to hide your own stash of cookies, and to find cookies in random places in the freezer, and cupboards. This sensation is known to also happen with Mother's homemade rolls. At any rate whaling is a problem.
I really do love it here. My classes are wonderful. Reading in general is far more rewarding. Along with each reading assignment we have field studies. We are generally asked to go to the museums, and monuments that we read about. I enjoy it quite a lot. Today we experienced true London weather. Gray skies along with random showers. I actually am fond of the weather. Tomorrow I will be unable to use the tube. There is a tube strike going on. Seems to me that it is a perfect opportunity to spend the day in Kensington Gardens. We will see what tomorrow brings.
I hope everyone enjoyed there day off. Happy Labor Day! I hope that you spent sometime to relax. I love you very much!
Cheers,
Miss Fin
I for one have *never* hidden a box of Girl Scout Cookies for my own benefit. Though they are quite tasty, the freezer is enough to keep me away from them. In fact, we may still have some cookies in our freezer today. Though completely innocent and blameless with regard to the cookies, the same can not be said for mom's rolls...
ReplyDeleteH & M would be the perfect fix for the London 20...save your pounds and go shop!!
ReplyDelete