Today is my dear brothers Birthday. I can only imagine the great cakes that are waiting to be eaten at home. My brother truly is a wonderful man. As one of our family friends would say. "He's kind of a big deal." We love and adore him. I can honestly say that I have looked to his example my whole life. It's strange to think that he held me as an infant. I can't remember a time in my life without him. Some of my earliest memories consist of playing hide and seek, and dancing in the living room while he played the piano. I can attribute my love for music to my dear brother. I am so grateful for the influence he has had in my life. He has always been wonderful at taking care of his family. It has been so sweet to watch him establish his new family. I love him very much. So today we celebrate! Happy Birthday!
Yesterday I was walking around Kensington Gardens with a friend. We were talking about out various family dynamics. He happens to be the oldest of five children. It was fascinating to compare our very different places with in our families. He said something that struck me. He explained that he considered himself blessed to have had the opportunity to help raise his 4 younger siblings. I often wonder if the older children realize what impact they have in the molding, and shaping of their younger impressionable siblings... I know that I personally have looked to the council of my sibling’s countless times. I think all to often in life we forget to stop and take the time thank those who mean the most to us. I love my family. I am so grateful for their support, and there confidence in me. I truly wouldn't be in London if it weren't for my dear siblings encouragement. Well I best be off. I love you all.
Cheers,
Miss Fin.
I told Jim he was quoted on your blog. Looks like you're having fun!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you fit right in over there, so glad you are happy-- of course you are happy!! You do have quite the big brother, we love him more that words can describe. Enjoy every moment & eat a macaron for me :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Anne. You are too kind.
ReplyDelete