Dear Someone,
I am just going to preface this letter acknowledging the fact I am being irrational. I can only imagine what you would say. Today was just an interesting day... an interesting day full of embarrassment. Out of all of the emotions embarrassment is the worst. I will admit that is an emotion I deal with rather poorly. I internalize the embarrassment, and let it fester in to a wretched stomach ace. I would much rather feel sad, scared, or lonely.
I remember one time in particular I was caught kissing. I was so horrified that I vowed not to kiss him for a lengthy time. I was so terribly embarrassed. He was able to laugh about the awkward encounter within minuets. I on the other hand had every intention of curling up into ball. This would allow me to disappear in to the abyss. Now I recognize worse things in life can happen than your special someone’s sister unexpectedly walking in on you. I am happy to report that I am almost to the point where I can laugh about that story. Perhaps I am too easily embarrassed. I’m sure that my fear of embarrassment has to do with one of my personality flaws. Something about being an ENFP would explain my fear of embarrassment. I will have to inquire Miss K. Fin about it.
Today I had the opportunity to talk in church. I went over the time that was given. My seven minuet talk quickly developed to be thirteen minuets. It was irresponsible to not watch the time more carefully. Above being irresponsible it was inconsiderate of my peers. I was extremely embarrassed. Irrational, yes. I can justify going over my time allowance by allowing myself to think that the message I was sharing needed to be heard. Next time I am given the opportunity to speak I will be more time conscious. Nevertheless I was tremendously embarrassed. I need to be less egocentric. Guaranteed no one else is slightly concerned about the lack of my time conservation.
Did I mention I hate being embarrassed? It most definitely was bad day to not wear my lovely green watch.
Cheers
Miss Fin
you'll be more careful about watching the clock from now on. but this is one of my mantras:
ReplyDeletelife is so embarrassing.
well guess what? the Prophet is in my ward and he went over time by 20 minutes. so if the Prophet can do it... you can too!! You know what they say, "Follow the Prophet!"
ReplyDeletep.s.
ReplyDeletedid you hear that we are moving across from Jane? We sign the papers on the house in 1 week!!