Dear Someone,
I don’t know why couples retire to St. George. In an ideal world I will retire to the English countryside. Then with my dear husband I can venture into the city and see every production. Sounds perfectly wonderful to me. What do you think about that? The choices truly are endless here. I am thoroughly enjoying the nightlife. I can admit that I live a charmed, charmed life.
My Professor Mrs. Bird went to the box office this morning and purchased 3 tickets. I sat on the front row. Not only was I on the front row, I was in the center seat. All for the price of 25 pounds, that is a steal. It was the most magical musical masterpiece I have ever experienced. The front row was far away enough to save me from a strained neck. (Thanks to the positioning of the orchestra.) Yet we were close enough to identify each characters eye color. The intricate details of the costumes were immaculate; layers, and layers of beautiful hues of emerald, and sapphire. I even made eye contact with Elphba. It enabled me to connect with the characters in such a different way. Not only was I moved by the music, but by the sincerity of the acting. I was blown away by this once in a lifetime experience. Once the production was over I sat in my seat speechless. I needed a few moments to take in what I had just witnessed. I will admit the accent was a bit different. Never the less it was fabulous.
| Miss Saenz, Mrs Bird, and Miss Fin |
It only seems wicked to me that this was my second time seeing Wicked with the help of my dear mother. I would like nothing more in the world than to go to Wicked with her. She has a great love for the music, and I know how badly she wants to see it. Many a time we have sat in the car and sang together the glorious soundtrack. It was charming to watch Mrs. Bird’s reaction to the musical considering it was her first time. As I watched my professor I missed my mother terribly. I felt this immense amount of guilt seeing it without my darling mother. I am determined to find away to take my mother dear to a Wicked production. We may just have to brave New York together.
What a wonderful day in London town! I do not think I can thank my parents enough for making this adventure possible. I am excited to see what tomorrow will bring.
Cheers!
Miss Fin
I've seen Wicked from the front row as well...and it is the BEST way to see it! I was in a recording session with your voice teacher last night and she says HELLO!
ReplyDeleteI saw Oliver in London. amazing...but I was jet lagged...so I'm super jealous of your lasting time in London and your chance to soak it in.
ReplyDelete